Hello, people of Cleveland Heights! happy Friday! Let’s see what happens around town.
First, today’s weather:
Partly sunny. High: 32 Low: 18.
Here’s the top news today in Cleveland Heights:
- If you’re hoping to add a four-legged ball of love and affection to your life, you should check out these animal shelters in and around Cleveland Heights to get a pet for adoption. (Cleveland Heights Patch)
- Tommy’s celebrates its fiftieth anniversary this year. He said who was found running the restaurant was “INCREDIBLE”. (Cleveland Jewish News)
Today Cleveland Heights Daily is Partially from our Verizon friends. They are building the fastest 5G network in the country. To find out how 5G will change your life and your community – and to gain access to this great technology – click here. And thank you Verizon for sponsoring this community resource in Cleveland Heights!
Today in Cleveland Heights:
- Preschool Story Time (3-5 years old) – Mount Pleasant Branch Library (12:30 p.m.)
- Friday Night DJ Skates – Shaker Heights – Parks & Recreation (7:45 PM)
From my notebook:
- Coventry Village: 50 years ago this coming Friday, a daring 19-year-old hung a hand-painted sign above the door of his first restaurant. At the urging of his boss, Tommy Philo took over the management of the seven-seater carbonated water fountain on Coventry Road where he worked…” (Facebook)
- Cleveland Heights-University Heights City School District: “The students of Boulevard Blast had a great time learning about healthy after-school snacks during this week’s lab with Dr. Jess (’03) and Dr. Jane (’03) from Hands-On Health! >> https://bit.ly/ 3Ga24id ” (Facebook)
More Sponsors – Thanks for supporting local news!
Do you like Cleveland Heights Deli? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
Now you’re in the loop and ready to start Friday off right. See you all tomorrow for another update!
– Chris Mosby
About Me: Ohio Patch Editor, casting my watchful eye on Northeast Ohio. Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.